Welcome to our website !

Two genders Two Tails

This blog is undergoing some changes

Ari’s Angels: One year On

By 21:06 , , , ,

R.I.P 22 Ari's Angels


A quick thought

They say time heals all wounds! These past 12 months I kind of only think it’s a white lie to suppress any denial for someone close to us that didn’t get their chance to say their goodbyes, or for something sudden to happen which will change our life’s forever that will always have an impact so bad you can really never stop thinking about it.

I try to always stay positive no matter what and think how can I think/turn this negative experience to somewhat positive? One of the biggest things I feel is that it brings people together and opens doors to meet new people that share the same passion as you, or might be someone that loves and cared for the same person as you. All I can say before I go into this post is; Never let go of hope, because there will always be someone that will be there for you, and will help you to pick yourself up.

Manchester, Music & Togetherness



22nd May, Manchester Arena was targeted in a bomb attack which shocked us all and taking the lives of 22 people. Most were people coming out of the concert, some was picking up loved ones. 

I woke up at midnight as I was sleeping at the time and I always look at my phone, I then saw it. I quickly turned on my tv and it was there. I soon broke down in tears and couldn’t believe it. 

Music is a massive part of my life, I love going to gigs. I also love Manchester it’s where I go frequently. I’ve never been a massive arena fan, to be honest as I’ve always loved smaller venues where you can see the people you want to watch better and the sound for me is better, but Manchester arena holds a massive part of my life with music as it was the first time I went to a gig. The band I saw was 30 Seconds to Mars. It was amazing... I wasn’t keen on the support bands though. Anyway, that is the reason why the arena holds such a big place in my heart and I will never forget it. 
I love music pretty much whatever the genre, as long as it can go loud I'm there.

Like many others this will never leave my heart nor will me and many others forget. For some this is a tragedy, for me this is extremely personal to me and I wonder if people have the same connections? Pretty much what I said above. I love Manchester, I love music, My first gig was the arena, I love gigs. A big thing I like is when I sometimes get talking to people or I hear people saying this is my first ever gig, when children are there and it’s their first gig also, it’s happened to me twice where I’ve spoken to people one was late teens at their first concert and the other was with a parent that took their child to their first gig and luckily, I saw them near me and when the band came on and seeing that look on a child’s face was amazing. Knowing you had that first concert experience and now other people that were experiencing it a child or not. I love being in a queue at gigs because there’s generally never any hate at all, you generally share that passion for a band or singer and I’ve never had a dull moment and instantly connect with people. I’ve been lucky over the years to meet people and became friends or talk on Facebook on rare occasions even drink with bands afterwards also.

That is one of many reasons why this is personal to me as there are not just little ones that will be scared for life, some will never go to another concert again, some will go but not have a good time as they should be doing because they have lost trust. “No one should go to a concert and worry about not getting home.”

One year after.




With the one-year anniversary approaching, lots have changed in Manchester. The security is high, and if you wanted to go up to the arena from Victoria station away from where the train section is blocked off until events are on. There were signs saying no backpacks so generally only travel light, this is for searches and to make them quicker. No food or drink is allowed to be taken into the venue like you used to either. 


The Manchester working Bee was always a symbol of Manchester but not it is more prominent around the city.


Sunday 20th May I decided to take a trip into Manchester and see if there was an event planned as I’m sure not as many people will be able to make any of the event planned for Tuesday. I didn’t really see anything apart from the beautiful trees dotted around where you could write a message on and tie it to a tree.


There was an event running that was ‘The Great Manchester Run’ it was a 10k event but it had points where you could stop the race and you weren’t told that you had to do the full 10k if you didn’t want to. They had 1-minute silence for the victims and then played out ‘Don’t Look Back in Anger’ by Oasis which was sung by thousands of people. I don’t like Oasis personally but it was so applicable here and it brought tears to my eyes, where someone random person from the race gave me a hug who was also in tears. I love Manchester.

I decided to go home after I took a few pictures and went home. A massive well done to all the runners that took part.

Tuesday 22nd May One Year On


The day really started at a trip to my doctors which was about how to acquire hormones which I will talk about in another post, from there it was straight to Manchester.

Manchester was busy as you could imagine. The people full of all coloured clothing from pink to white shirts with the symbol of the bee or I Manchester/I MCR. I decided to have a quick look round at the venue which was Albert Square where everyone that was involved was getting ready for the big event. I decided to take this opportunity and walk around Manchester and I came across the fountain at St. Ann’s Square where last year as many know people laid thousand of flowers. It was very overwhelming and I was wiping tears from my eyes, only for a random stranger that saw me and came to give me a hug. The atmosphere was still strong and the people that were there to pay their respects was great you could just sneeze and someone would be saying “bless you.”

I decided to walk to the arena thinking there would be something there… pretty wrong. All there was when I got there, was 2 balloons with the numbers 22 and a couple of flowers tied on the railings. It wasn’t till I got into Victoria Train Station that the memorial for the Victims had grown in size.


After that, I decided to go and wait in Albert Square, where after a 20/30 minute waiting we were allowed in but with a brief bag check, with 30 minutes wait, I was chatting to some people that were from Milton Keynes and was in Manchester for training and wanted to pay their respects. When the service came on I was very tearful and when people were talking you could tell how much it meant to everyone as everyone that was watching was silent and when we had a minute of silence for the 22 and I’ve never heard Manchester so quiet at all… Even being surround by about 3000 people you could hear a pin drop.   

I didn’t stay for the sing along as I had to leave because of the issue with the trains, but I was there for the choirs that came on and I’m not into choirs but that what I watch and witnessed was just amazing and it was happy to be apart of it even though it’s something that should have never have happened.

Conclusion

I like many others might not have been born and raised in Manchester but we have adopted it, it has the best music, it has a great shopping experience and will always leave you with great memories apart from that dreadful night. Every time I ventured into the city I always thought of the victims, I always thought of the people families and when I went to watch Trivium in Manchester last month before they came on I closed my eyes and thought of them again as they were at a music concert also.

At the Trivium gig
All I can say to end this is; terror will never win, you will never stop the music and it will keep playing and we will gather together stronger and sing for these people. Every year we will come back and show the world we are still not afraid.



R.I.P to all the 22. Keep lighting up Manchester and sleep tight


You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment